Display Expansion Board
- Parallel RGB interface, 16-bit color depth (or 12-bit).
- Up to 24-bit color depth supported with manual wiring.
- When used together with Embedded Artists Developer’s Kits up to 16-bit color depth is supported.
- HDMI/DVI (digital) transmitter via TDA19988 from NXP
- Note: Limited driver functionality. CEC/HDCP functionality not implemented
- HDMI/DVI (digital) transmitter via TFP410 from TI
- VGA (analog) transmitter via ADV7125KST50 from Analog Devices
- LVDS (digital) transmitter via DS90C383BMT from National Semiconductor/TI
- Software controller switching between 25.175MHz, 27MHz and 36MHz pixel clocks
- Spread spectrum (+-2%) oscillators used for reduced EMI.
- Works for digital transmitters (HDMI/DVI/LVDS) but not for (analog) VGA.
- Provision for programmable spread spectrum oscillator DS1086LU+ from Maxim (not mounted).
- Resistive touch screen controller, TSC2046 from TI (normally not used)
- I2C-E2PROM with configuration parameters
- Controller can read which display board that is connected and initialize the MCU LCD controller and control the Display Expansion board accordingly.
- Power control signals via I2C-GPIO
- 50-pos (2x25) IDC interface connector, compatible with Embedded Artists OEM base board that is used on LPC1788/LPC3250 v2/LPC4088/LPC4357 Developer’s Kits
- Proper ESD protection on HDMI, DVI and VGA ports
- Powered via interface connector
- Compact size: 165 x 150 mm
Supported OEM Base Boards / Developer's Kits
The Display Expansion Board can be used directly with the OEM Base Board (included in the LPC1788 / LPC3250 v2 / LPC4088 / LPC4357 Developer's Kit).
The Display Expansion Board is an Evaluation product, not designed for integration or long time availability.