The LPC1549 LPCXpresso Motor Control Kit makes it possible for you to get started with motor control prototyping immediately.
It is a platform for low voltage motor control based on NXP’s MCUs. The controlling MCU is LPC1549 but it works with others as well (sample code is for the LPC1549). With this universal platform it is possible to control BLDC, PMSM, BLAC, stepper and dual brushed DC motors.
This kit has been jointly developed with NXP.
How to buy
Note that this product is not sold from Embedded Artists webshop. It is, however, available from distributors.
The Motor Control Kit need to be correctly programmed before use to avoid heating of the preak resistors. ALWAYS update the firmware on the LPCXpresso LPC1549 board in your kit, as described in the application note (found on this webpage) before attempting to control a motor.
Watch a short multimedia presenation introducing the LPCXpresso Motor Control Board.
Note that this presentation describe the previous generation of this board, controlled by the LPC1114. All relevant information is the same except that the controlling MCU is LPC1549 instead of LPC1114.
LPC1500 Motor Control Solution Overview
LPCXpresso Motor Control Board
• Socket for LPCXpresso boards
• Socket for LPC1xxx in PLCC44
• Expansion connector for control by LPC1800/LPC4000/LPC2900 families, or other
• 4 phases (based on NXP PMSN2R6-40YS NMOSFET), accessed via screw terminals
• Phase control support 100% duty cycle
• Voltage measurement (on three phases and virtual ground)
• Current measurement (in-phase on three phases and common low-side)
• Input current measurement, including over-current trip
• Break functionality
• Hall & QEI sensor inputs, connected via screw terminals
• Temp sensor
• 12-30V input voltage, 17A max current (max 300W output)
• On-board 15W power supply (+11V, +5V, +3.3V)
• USB interface (must be supported by controlled MCU)
• Ethernet interface (must be supported by controlled MCU)
• CAN interface (must be supported by controlled MCU)
• RS422/485 interface
• UART-to-USB interface